Introduction to the topic
In many women’s beauty bags, eyelash extensions are a must-have item. They give short, thin lashes more volume, length, and definition. Eyelash Extensions is a new and popular technique that extends and densifies your own natural eyelashes. Lash Extensions have been single strands of synthetic eyelashes which are curved to look like real lashes. By reading this guide, you will be able to know, Can You Curl Eyelash Extensions?.
You can use them one by one for a natural, attractive, and delish look to each natural eye. Eyelash extensions are ideal for special events or for wear every day. Curling lashes will open your eyes and make you look attractive. This is why certain ladies have lash lifts, and certain eye lifts with big curls.
What to consider when you curl eyelash extensions?
1. The shape of the face
Always consider the shape of your clients’ faces when choosing the correct curl for them. Begin by checking the client’s entire face. Determine which type of lash extension curl works best for them by determining whether they are narrow, broad, projecting, and so on.
2. The angle of natural lashes
It’s also essential to consider the direction of their natural lashes when choosing a curl for your client’s eye. Before deciding on a curl style, keep in mind that the angle of your natural lashes would have a significant impact on the design’s ultimate result. Straight, downwards, and upwards are the 3 types of natural lash angles.
3. Choose the right curl
Avoid highly curly extensions, like a D curl, because they would grow towards their face as they grow out, causing irritation. For the greatest results, use a C or a CC curl. The curl you employ, on the other hand, is determined by the look the client wishes to achieve as well as the natural curly or straightness of the client’s lashes.
4. Select the right curl and thickness combination for your extensions.
Not all curls feature the same longevity or retention. Choose the proper curl and thickness of extensions for you.
Curls don’t all retain their shape or last the same amount of time. Because there is less of natural lash for the base of the extension to attach to, the retention is shorter with curlier lashes. As a result, it’s important to match the curl and thickness of the extensions to the natural lashes of your client.
5. Mark the arch of their eyes and eyebrows
To make a good design, you should also mark the arch of their eyes and the brows. The key is to determine where the arch begins. Begin by curling and extending the longest area of the eye where the arch begins.
What do you needed to curl eyelash extensions?
There are a few items you’ll need while curling eyelash extensions. The proper placement of each eyelash extension leads to the lash extension’s success, ensuring that it stays in place for a longer amount of time and causes minimum discomfort when worn. Here are some of the items you’ll need to apply for eyelash extensions correctly.
1. Lash Extension Primer
Before applying for eyelash extensions, an eyelash primer is used to remove makeup residue, oil, and dust from the client’s lashes. This pre-application cleaning procedure increases adhesion, retention times, and customer satisfaction.
Allantoin, a natural herbal extract known for its antibacterial and cell rejuvenation characteristics, is included in the eyelash primer. Its use promotes healthy natural lashes and helps to prevent lash damage.
2. Disposable eyelash comb/brush
During application, the comb side of this device maintains lashes separated, preventing them from becoming clumpy. The brush side of the eyelash extensions could be utilized to increase their appearance and length. To avoid cross-contamination from one client to the next, use a disposable comb/brush. Giving the comb/brush to the customer at the end of the treatment is a lovely gesture, as it will assist him or her in caring for the new lashes.
Fine tweezers provide you the control you need to apply each lash correctly. Because a semi-permanent eyelash is so small, it necessitates a tool that allows for maximum control. Tweezers that fit nicely in your hand are ideal. To maintain a safe and sanitary workplace, tweezers must be properly sterilized between customers.
4. Heated eyelash curler
If you must curl your extensions, choose the method that is least harmful to your lashes while yet being the most effective. That will be a heated eyelash curler in this case. Since there’s no pressing action, pressure, or metal parts squeezing or pulling your lashes; the heated eyelash curler is significantly gentler on the extensions.
Usual plastic, a heated eye curler looks a bit like a curled stick. You are heating up as you’re brushed with a mascara wand from below. Keep it a few seconds in place, and here – curled laces, much softer, that assist the curling to last longer.
5. Brilliant Beauty Eyelash Curler
The Brilliant Beauty Eyelash Curler is at the top of the list for a variety of reasons. It instantly gives you fuller-looking curled lashes that last all day. This surgical grade stainless steel rose gold eyelash curler is designed to fit all eye shapes and sizes. This tool’s perfectly calibrated hinge delivers consistent pressure each time you curl your lashes. You won’t be worried about pinching your skin, pulling your lashes, or breaking them. It’s also comfortable to use because of the longer curl surface and ergonomic body.
6. Eye gel pads
Eye gel pads might be used as a safety measure during the technical procedure. Clients may find cooling pads to be a source of comfort, as they could to receive a pleasant eye treatment while receiving lash extensions.
7. Lash Holder (Half-Moon)
The half-moon-shaped lash holder’s curve effectively spreads a strip of extensions, speeds up application time, and is an excellent tool for creating volume extension fans.
There is enough space for around 8 lines of extensions. It comes with a plastic cover for storing the product lashes—for example, the BL Lash Holder.
How to curl eyelash extensions by different methods?
The best technique to curl eyelash extensions is with a regular eyelash curler; although, you must be careful. Instead of utilizing a low-cost eyelash curler, for example, you could invest in a high-quality curler.
Why is that? – Because higher-quality eyelash curlers are more mechanically superior. That is, they open and close considerably more smoothly than a regular, low-cost curler, and they also apply less pressure.
Using a heated eyelash curler is much better. When these 2 features are combined, high-quality eyelash curlers are a far better alternative for curling eyelash extensions.
Curling eyelash extensions can be done in a variety of ways, such as
1. Curl Eyelash Extensions with Heated Eyelash Curler
- While using heated eyelash curlers on extensions, this is the only step-by-step guide you’ll need:
- Make sure your lashes are cleaned and washed.
- Comb your eyelashes to avoid clumping or sticking together.
- Allow your lashes to air dry completely (wet lashes will not hold their curl).
- Just turned on the lash curler.
- Bring the lashes in touch with the heating area once it’s warm enough (some devices would alert you when it’s ready). Keep the heated curler away from the base of your lashes, where the extension is attached to the natural lash. Press the lashes onto the pad for the silicone-pad model. Allow eyelashes to fall into the comb while using the wand model.
- Depending on the curls you desire, lift or twist the device.
- To lock in the curls, hold them for 3 to 10 seconds.
- If you want a stronger curl hold, repeat the process three times.
2. Curl Eyelashes With A Mechanical Eyelash Curler
You could curl eyelash extensions with a standard mechanical curler, but make sure you choose high-quality equipment like the Brilliant Beauty Eyelash Curler if you do. It has a soft yet sturdy pad, a stainless steel frame, and an expertly calibrated hinge that lifts the lashes off the base without pulling or breaking them.
- To use a mechanical curler to curl your eyelash extensions, first, attach the extensions to your natural lashes and let the glue set.
- When the glue is dry, insert the curler at the lash line with caution.
- Squeeze the handle gently, wait a few seconds, and then make your way forward from your lash line to your lashes’ outside edges.
- Please ensure not to use too much power and wait until the previously curled lashes are released from the curler before moving the curler.
- Start at lash line and working your way out to the very edge of your lashes, repeat the process.
3. Curling Your Lashes with a Warm Toothbrush
- Dry a toothbrush after it has been warmed in hot water.
- Run a toothbrush under the water to warm the bristles and turn on your sink’s tap as hot as it would go.
- Shake off any excess water, then pat the brush dry with a clean towel.
- To curl your lashes, please ensure you’re using a clean, unused toothbrush.
- Brush your lashes and curl them at the tips with a toothbrush.
- Brush your lashes lightly with the toothbrush once it has warmed up. Hold the brush against your eyelid to curl your lashes once you’ve reached the end of your lashes.
- To ensure that your lashes curl, hold the brush against your eyelid for at least 10 seconds. If your lashes don’t curl as much as you’d want, reheat the toothbrush and continue the process until you’re happy with the results.
- Layer on some mascara
- It’s a good idea to coat your lashes with mascara after curling them to keep the curl in place. For the most natural, attractive look, use waterproof extending mascara and apply it in 2 to 3 thin layers.
4. Curling Your Lashes with a Spoon
- In a mug of warm water, immerse a metal spoon for a few minutes.
- Fill a mug or glass with warm water and a metal spoon. To warm up the metal, let the spoon in the water for 3 to 5 minutes. If you’re using a spoon that is too big, it will be difficult to hold against your eye gently. The optimal size for curling is typically a tea or coffee spoon.
- Put the spoon’s curved side over your eyelid.
- Remove the spoon from the water and lightly dab it with a cloth. Hold the spoon up to your eye, curved side facing outward.
- It’s a great idea to test the spoon’s heat before putting it up to your eye to make sure it’s not too hot.
- Hold your lashes on the curve of the spoon with a finger.
- Push your lashes back against the spoon’s curvature with your fingers while holding the spoon over your eye. For the best curl, press your lashes against the spoon for at least 10 seconds.
- Lock the curl in with mascara
- After curling your lashes, use a waterproof lengthening mascara to keep the curl in place all day. Applying many applications will not only help the curl last longer but will also make your lashes appear longer and thicker. If your curled lashes become clumpy after applying mascara, brush them through with a lash comb.
Watch What eyelash extension curl to use on the natural lash | Video
Is it possible to curl and apply mascara to eyelash extensions?
Yes, but less is more, and the wrong makeup could cause lash fallout, extension damage, and a significant reduction in the time your lash extensions look full and wonderful. Waterproof mascara, as well as any other oil-based mascara, would dissolve the bonding agent, reducing the longevity of your eyelash extensions.
When it comes to eyelash extensions, how long do they last?
Because extensions are linked to the lash, they endure for the same amount of time as the natural growth cycle, which is approximately 6 weeks.
Is it better to curl your lashes before or after applying mascara?
And, despite what you may have read on the internet, do not curl your lashes before applying mascara. “If you’re not careful, curling your lashes while wearing mascara could cause damage to your lashes since the curler might attach to the mascara and strain on your lashes,” Baker says.’
How can I keep the curl shape of my eyelash extensions consistent?
PBT is used to make eyelash extensions. Although the substance does not expire, the lash curls may lose their shape with time. Keep your lashes in a cool, dry environment away from direct sunlight or humidity to keep the curls from loosening.
Is it possible to curl your eyelashes permanently?
A perming solution and a small roller are used to curl eyelashes permanently. After applying the solution on the lashes, they are rolled back over the roller. The lashes will stay curled for 2 to 3 months after the perm has set, even if you shower or swim.
Curling your lashes could instantly make your eyes look bigger and brighter. However, if you’re using a regular eyelash curler, the process could be a little intimidating. If you don’t enjoy using a lash curler, there are other options for curling your lashes that you probably already have on hand. You’ll never have to deal with limp, straight lashes again, whether you use a lash curler, a spoon, or a toothbrush.
However, take caution when utilizing the tool; for example, don’t use it at a time or in a location where you’ll be easily distracted. Instead, curl your lashes while getting ready for the day, taking your time.
Curling eyelash extensions successfully needs careful preparation, positioning, and patience. You must be able to achieve more defined lashes if you use a heated or high-quality standard curler and take your time.
By reading this guide, I hope you got the full idea of Why I Am Getting White Dots on Hair & How to Get Rid of It?
Please share this Why I Am Getting White Dots on Hair & How to Get Rid of It? with your friends and do a comment below about your feedback.
We will meet you on next article.
Until you can read, Can You Swim with Eyelash Extensions? | Makeup Guide