Yes, you can use purple shampoo on extensions, but it is important to use it sparingly and carefully. Purple shampoo is designed to neutralize brassy tones in blonde hair, and it can be used on extensions to help them maintain their cool, ashy color.
However, purple shampoo can also deposit pigment, so it is important to use it only when necessary and to avoid leaving it on your hair for too long.
Here are some tips for using purple shampoo on extensions:
- Use a sulfate-free shampoo: Sulfate-free shampoos are gentler on hair and will not strip away natural oils.
- Dilute the purple shampoo: Mix the purple shampoo with your regular shampoo in a 1:1 ratio.
- Apply the shampoo to wet hair: Wet your hair completely before applying the shampoo.
- Lather the shampoo gently: Lather the shampoo gently throughout your hair, focusing on the areas that are brassy.
- Leave the shampoo on for no more than 5 minutes: Do not leave the purple shampoo on your hair for too long, as it can deposit too much pigment and make your hair look purple.
- Rinse the shampoo thoroughly: Rinse your hair thoroughly with cool water.
- Condition your hair: After using purple shampoo, it is important to condition your hair to help replenish lost moisture.
If you are unsure about how to use purple shampoo on extensions, it is always best to consult with a professional hair stylist.