Introduction to the topic
Eyelash extensions are one of those life-altering aesthetic treatments, similar to spray tans and gel manicures.
Whether I’m riding the Piccadilly line to work on the rough Piccadilly line with my sparkly two-year-old or dropping her off at the childcare, my mascara is always brushed on. To say that I didn’t miss mascara application (or removal, for that matter) when I recently replaced it for extensions is a given.
It’s not just that lash extensions save you time; they may also claim a lot more. You’ll wake up with a wide-eyed, ready-to-go look and smudge-free eyelids thanks to the absence of mascara transfer that, in my case, accumulated throughout the day.
How can I achieve the most natural-looking eyelashes possible?
No offence meant to mascara, but even the most cherished of our wands has its limits. Call in the major guns when you truly want to raise your lash game. According to Chicago-based lash and brow artist Constance Mack Latham, owner of Maven Esthetics, professional lash extensions, when done correctly, create the most natural look. Is there anything more I need to know? Over time, they can harm your natural lashes.
When it comes to applying artificial lashes, there is no shortage of options. You can wear them every day or only on special occasions. It’s up to you to determine the outcome. Individuals or bundles, which you can strategically apply, will give you a subtler, natural, “your lashes but better” look. As far as a whole strip goes, Latham thinks that the weft is key: “The thinner the weft, the lighter the lash will be,” she explains. “This ultimately gives you the most natural look, regardless of the length chosen.”
When looking for the best fake lashes, keep in mind the range: Gluing drugstore Ardell Natural 110 strips to my lids for a French New Wave style became a pre-work and pre-party ritual that gave me immediate joy, and it made me feel more glamorous and lovely, like a cute cartoon with my round face’s characteristics emphasized.
It was also causing my natural set to shed into an ultrafine fringe because of my carelessness in taking them off before going to sleep (preventable by first pressing a reusable round soaked in makeup remover onto faux lashes, a pro tip I learned too late).
What’s the secret to eyelash extensions that look as natural as possible?
Natural-looking eyelash extensions have a special ingredient. When someone asks, “What mascara do you use?” instead of asking, “Where do you have your lashes done??”
Nearly every day at Lady Lash, we get new clients asking if they can get eyelash extensions that don’t seem false or like stick-ons but rather real and natural. It’s obvious, right? Natural-looking eyelash extensions are one of our strengths, and we’ve provided some details on how we create this look.
Request something natural (if that’s the look you want) during your consultation, but also inquire about what the technician recommends. At Lady Lash, we’ll sit down with you and offer you a thorough assessment of your face and your personal aesthetic preferences. Make sure your lash artist knows exactly what you want, and they’ll be able to create the perfect set of lashes for you.
It’s a big benefit to be able to see some examples of the finished product. There are no one size fits all when it comes to what constitutes “natural appearing beauty,” as I’ve discovered over the years. An eyelash salon with a good reputation should be able to show you examples of previous work so you can show them exactly what you’re going for. People of all ages, skin tones, and facial shapes can be seen in our many look books. Alternatively, you can peruse our photo galleries.
If I wanted a more authentic look, I’d go with silk or faux-mink over synthetic. They’re softer and more flexible, and their appearance is less stiff and plasticky. They also endure longer. Some people prefer the dramatic effect of synthetic lashes, which may necessitate using more of these lashes. For a more natural, soft effect, we utilise faux mink lashes that are even finer than silk ones.
10 Things you should know for natural-looking eyelash Extensions
Before you get lash extensions, here are a few things to consider:
- Your lash extensions will last between two and four weeks before they come out with your natural lash.
- If you rub or lie on your front while wearing your new artificial lashes, you’ll witness a lot of shedding. They’re powerful, so use caution around them.
- For the next 48 hours, keep them dry! ‘Well, how about showering with lash extensions then?’ you ask. Eyelash extensions can still be used in the shower (again, do not forcefully rub them!) Steam rooms, hot tubs, and getting the lashes wet for the first 48 hours following your procedure should all be avoided until the adhesive has finished drying.
- No oil-based make-up or make-up removers, please! With most lash extensions, you can still use eye makeup, but it must not include any oil. Using an oil-based eyeliner or makeup remover will cause your lash extensions to come out faster, so be sure to use an oil-free alternative when using them.
- It’s best if the person you’re hiring has a background in make-up (as opposed to brows or a general beauty therapist). Find out how long they’ve worked in the lash industry and how well-versed they are. To be considered an expert, they should hold certifications from reputable companies such as lash extensions experts Lash Perfect or Nova Lash.
- To evaluate if their work is to your liking, do some research and look at their images. Instagram is a great place to keep tabs on your targets.
- Inquire about the extensions that they employ. Mink, silk, and synthetic fibres are the most frequent. I’m not a fan of having mink fur around my eyes. Natural is Kurowska’s specialty, and she employs lengths up to 14mm to achieve a genuine appearance.
- Make a list of the things you want your eyelashes to appear like, such as long, defined lashes. Describe the qualities you seek in a mascara.
- Make sure you do your homework before making a decision. Before making an appointment with a lash extension technician, do some research on them in the same way you would for a new hairstylist. “Check out the lash artist’s website and social media accounts,” advises Zamora. Considering that lash extensions can last for up to a month, spending a few extra hours searching for the best individual to apply them will be well worth it.
- There are two primary options for eyelash extensions: natural or synthetic. “Although genuine hair and mink lashes appear natural, they can easily lose their shape if heated or submerged. They can also shed more quickly than synthetics due to their finer texture “Zamora is warned. Shape and size play a role as well.
Top 10 eyelashes for a natural look
Prepare to flaunt a stunning new hairstyle with some fringe! These are the best-looking fake lashes on the market right now.
1. Short & Sweet Velour Lashes Effortless Natural Lash Collection
Because they’re so light and fluttery, you won’t have to worry about cutting or trimming these to fit your eye shape. Natural-looking curl and definition can be achieved thanks to the slightly flared edges. Latham agrees, and he adds that they’re also simple to use, which is a major plus in our book.
- Adapts to a wide range of eye sizes and shapes
- Easy to put in use
2. Provocateur’s Bad Gal Lash
Bad Gal Lash, a black-owned false eyelash company, has just entered the fray. The lashes on this set are divided into smaller pieces so that they can be inserted closer to the lash line for a more realistic look.
- Provocateur is a dramatic, fluttery look that is sure to turn heads.
- Require more effort
3. Naked Lashes by Ardell
As a pioneer in “everyday lashes,” Ardell was founded in 1970 and quickly rose to prominence. As a result of the Naked Lash collection, it’s nearly impossible to tell the difference between your own lashes and these imitations.
- More natural looking
- Needs trimming
4. Iris Lashes from LoveSeen are adored by many.
We also adore these light-as-air falsies, which come in second place. The brand claims that these were designed for those who are looking for a little extra volume and length without going overboard (insert hand-raising emoji here). In addition, they both appear and feel incredibly light.
- Look and feel of a lighter weight
5. Eyelashes, Lithe
A Best of Beauty Award winner, Lithe Lashes, is a favourite of ours. To achieve a look so natural, the hairs on these strips are delicately trimmed, sculpted, and fanned out. You won’t even realise you’re wearing them because they’re so comfortable.
6. Complete DIY Eyelash Extension Kit from Kiss Falscara
The go-to lash brand of the fashion world. The at-home extension procedure popularised by luxury brands like Lashify has now been made more affordable thanks to Kiss.
Because they can’t be seen, these are placed on the underside of lashes, rather than on the top, and then crimped in place using an ergonomic tool that’s included. Depending on the adhesive, these can last for a week, a night, or be removed with the provided remover in a matter of seconds.
- Natural look
- They are for temporary use
7. False eyelashes from Eyelure Natural No20 are available for purchase.
During your next Target run, stock up on these guys. With mascara, you may amplify the impact of the foundation and make it even more natural-looking, according to many reviewers. They’re incredibly cheap, reusable up to five times, and free of animal testing.
- Adapts to a wide range of eye sizes and shapes
- According to the reviews, the glue doesn’t work as well as expected.
8. The Kiss Falscara Starter Kit for Eyelashes
The Kiss Falscara Eyelash Starter Kit includes lashes, tweezers, and a bind and seal tool with two ends. There are three types of lashes available: Lengthening, Volumizing, and Lifting. Even though their appearances vary slightly, they maintain a natural appearance.
To get the most out of them, it takes time to learn how to master the method, but once you do so, it yields a far greater reward. Glue the lash to your lash line with a small dot of glue, then apply it to your lashes. For a more natural look, utilise the smaller parts, but if you like a more dramatic appearance, use them altogether.
- Comes in variation
- Natural as well as dramatic look
- Needs a professional to apply
9. Lite Faux Mink Lashes by Lilly Lashes
Now, you can emulate Jennifer Lopez’s feathery fur lash effect without using animal products. Among the thousands of reviews on Sephora that describe Lilly Lashes as “natural without going over the top” and “great for every day,” Lilly Lashes has a near-five-star rating.
- Needs trimming
10. Natural Multi-Pack of Ardell Demi Wispies
Professionals like Latham are quick to laud the Ardell lashes: “I first learned about Ardell lashes in beauty school over ten years ago. These products have become popular in the beauty community, as well as being really economical,” she explains. Natural-looking eyelash extensions like these are fantastic since each individual lash is different in length—just like your own. It creates a more realistic impression than if all of the lashes in the strip were the same length.
- It’s simple to get rid of
- According to the reviews, the glue doesn’t work as well as expected.
Watch Classic eyelash extensions – how to do a full set | Video
What are the best eyelash extensions for a natural look?
For the best natural-looking eyelash extensions, look no further.
In terms of eyelash extensions, faux mink lashes are the most realistic. Unlike natural eyelashes, synthetic eyelash extensions are more pliable, making the lash more comfortable to wear and appear more natural. A matte or flat black tone gives them a more natural appearance.
Is it possible to have lash extensions that look natural?
In order to achieve the most natural-looking results with lash extensions, Zamora advises first-timers to request a “classic” application. To put it simply: “It’s an extension applied to one eyelash, which is longer and thicker than the normal one.”
Which lash length is best for a natural look?
For the most natural appearance, lashes should be at least 15mm thick. So, if you want to get the ‘ideal eyelash look,’ go for this thickness of natural lash extension.
What are people saying about Ardell’s magnetic lashes?
The finest value for money I’ve found in magnetic lashes and liner. It’s hard to beat Ardell’s lashes and gel liner for volume and length. As a result of the steep learning curve…. As long as you take good care of your false eyelashes, they should last at least six months.
What’s better, mink or silk lashes?
Silk made from vegan materials lasts longer.
Unlike vegan silk, which can be washed, mink is more delicate and can’t be damaged by water. Get caught in a rainstorm with your mink eyelashes on and they’ll lose their curl! When it comes to eyelashes, vegan silk eyelashes can tolerate more wear and tear than those made from mink.
The Bottom Line
It’s difficult to locate the most natural-looking false lashes with so many options available. Velour Lashes Effortless No Trim Natural Lash Collection Short & Sweet is at the top of our list (view at Sephora).
But the natural-looking curl, modest definition and effortless application (no cutting) make them well worth the cost. An affordable alternative to Ardell’s Natural Multipack Lashes (see at Amazon) is its super-comfy, ultra-lightweight design.
By reading this guide, I hope you got the full idea of Top 10 Natural Looking Eyelash Extensions with Guide to Use.
Please share this Top 10 Natural Looking Eyelash Extensions with Guide to Use with your friends and do a comment below about your feedback.
We will meet you on next article.
Until you can read, How Long Does a Perm Last on Men and Female: Guide