There are several reasons why your new hair extensions may be dry and frizzy. Here are some of the most common causes:
1. Lack of moisture: Hair extensions do not receive the natural oils that your scalp produces to keep your hair moisturized. This can make them dry and prone to frizz.
2. Over-styling: Excessive heat styling, such as blow-drying and straightening, can damage hair extensions and make them dry and frizzy.
3. Harsh products: Using harsh shampoos and conditioners can strip away the natural oils in hair extensions and make them dry and frizzy.
4. Hard water: Hard water contains minerals that can deposit on hair extensions and make them dry and frizzy.
5. Chlorine: Chlorine is a harsh chemical that can damage hair extensions and make them dry and frizzy.
Here are some tips to prevent your new hair extensions from becoming dry and frizzy:
1. Use a sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner: Sulfate-free shampoos and conditioners are gentler on hair and will not strip away natural oils.
2. Moisturize regularly: Use a leave-in conditioner or hair oil to help moisturize your hair extensions.
3. Avoid over-styling: Limit the amount of heat styling you do to your hair extensions. If you must use heat, use a heat protectant spray.
4. Protect your hair from the elements: Wear a hat or scarf to protect your hair extensions from the sun and wind.
5. Get regular trims: Regular trims will help prevent split ends, which can make hair extensions dry and frizzy.
If your hair extensions are already dry and frizzy, there are a few things you can do to try to restore their moisture and shine:
1. Deep condition: Deep conditioning your hair extensions will help to replenish lost moisture.
2. Use a hot oil treatment: Hot oil treatments are also a good way to moisturize hair extensions.
3. Get a professional treatment: If your hair extensions are severely damaged, you may need to get a professional treatment to restore their health.
With proper care, your new hair extensions should remain soft, shiny, and frizz-free for many months to come.